Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Good Day for a Picnic

I made Italian Omlettes for breakfast this morning. Deeeelish! But because of them, I came to love our dog a little more. I went out to pick the basil for the omlettes while Martin was taking the dog for a walk. When he came home he shut the kitchen door, consequently locking me out of the house. So I came back to the locked door and knocked. The dog came but no Martin. So I knocked again and still no Martin, so good old Karenin rang her bell! She ran it and waited there and here came Martin to let me in. Yay, Karenin! What a good dog. And the omlettes were delicious, as always.

Anja and I walked down to the Farmers Market this morning and bought some zucchini, yellow squash and a pint of blueberries. We came home and she took a short morning nap; When she woke up we all went to the library together and then we made peanut butter & Nutella sandwiches and took the pint of blueberries and had a picnic down in the grass at Riehle Plaza. It was nice down there in the shade. I took pictures maybe I'll post them soon.

It's great having Martin home. Tonight we're going to Red Seven, that new restaurant downtown with his mom. I hope we get to sit outside. Two weeks of vacation! Well, two weeks with a day and a half of work thrown in... but whatever. That'll give me time to clean the house.

No comments: