Friday, July 31, 2009

Ugh. What a stupid week. Martin has worked late (though thankfully not as late as we'd expected!) almost every night. Wednesday was his birthday and we are celebrating with both families this weekend so I just gave him his gift from the girls (a Hank Williams CD) and a card from me. I don't remember if I posted that I gave him a membership to the Linden Conservation Club, but I gave it to him early.

Greta had Roseola this week (what is it with my family and that virus?!) and was super grumpy while she had the fever. We didn't even think of Roseola as a possiblity when she turned up with a fever of 103 in the middle of the night on Tuesday, so we (of course) freaked out and took her to the ER. Luckily for us (har har har) Anja was awake too! So we all went! A family adveture to spend three hours in the emergency room in the middle of the night. Nothing like it. They checked everything out and finally said it must be a virus. I still didn't think of Roseola until this morning when I noticed a nice rash all over her. Of course!

I have a dentist appointment on Monday, yikes.

There was a possum in our yard tonight. I begged Martin to let me invite him in for a piece of pie and ice cream and then convince him to spend the night... and then to stay forever as my pet... but Martin wouldn't let me. He's so mean sometimes. He's got all these stupid theories about "fleas" and "diseases" and "aggression" and whatever other silly things he thinks possums have. Ugh. Can't he see how beautiful and wonderful they are?!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Oh no. I hope Greta is feeling better. Poor baby.

And your last paragraph made me laugh.