Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is This For Real?

I'm so glad everyone liked the story of our squirrel snack. I love blog comments!

I shouldn't be surprised to think that Greta might be going through a growth spurt and that must be why I'm hungry all the time. This baby is CRAZY. She is almost crawling. You probably are reading this and thinking, "Aw, silly new mom, she thinks her child is so advanced, yadda yadda yadda...." but I'm serious. I have no problem saying that Anja has been developmentally slow in all major milestones. Greta, however, is a lunatic. First her tooth (!) and now this crawling business. If she is on the floor, she is on her hands and knees, rocking. And just within the last few days she's started doing with her knees what her knees are supposed to do when one crawls.... which means, she's kind of shooting herself forward a lot. She hasn't figured out the hands part yet, but when that happens, look out! I think the time has come to invest in a playpen.

And speaking of being developmentally slow, remember that awesome routine we had, where Anja was waking up at 7:00, taking a regular nap, and going down at 8:00 without a fuss? Yeah, that lasted about three minutes. We're back to driving her every night, and sometimes in the middle of the night. Again. It's pretty awesome.

But when we're not battling sleep, at least we're having a good time. Martin has been working late lately, and especially late on Mondays because their office is open late, so on Monday I went to my parents' house for dinner, and my sister and all her kids were there. Anja always has such a great time with her cousins! Gracie, Bella and Anja played in the kiddie pool all evening. It was so cute! I think Grace likes finally having little girls to play with.

We saw our old friend Lisa yesterday and that was really nice. She is moving to New York, just like our neighbors! Seems to be the thing to do. And speaking of our neighbors, they came back from Utah early, so we'll see them for a whole week!! We were so happy to see them this evening when they got home.

Everybody seems to be going on vacation. And getting engaged. I've already been engaged and I didn't much care for it, but I could go for jumping on the vacation bandwagon. Warm beaches, tropical music, hawaiian shirts and pina coladas... sign me up!

This isn't quite the sparkling sand of the seashore, but it's as close as we can get, and not too shabby anyway. Also, I think it's important to take lots of pictures of your kids picking their nose.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I remember thinking Zeke was so much more advanced than Chiara in the milestone department when he was a baby, also. He was crawling at 4 months, WALKING at NINE months, and running by the time he was a year old. Chiara was just barely sort of walking shortly after she turned one year old. Maybe it has something to do with having an older sibling around to keep up with? I think actually just every child hits those milestones at their own pace, though.

P.S. The girls are each so PRETTY!