Friday, August 14, 2009

It's the Weekend Again!! AT LAST!!

(this post is from Friday. I'm posting it now, on Sunday night, because I just found it, unfinished in my list of posts. I'll make another post soon, with pictures from the weekend.)

Tonight we were supposed to be hosts of an art opening over at Vienna at 7:00. The girls go to bed at 8:00 (A) and 8:30(G), so I was already a little nervous about it, but then Anja didn't take a nap, and I was even more nervous about it. Poor Anja. I hate it when she doesn't take a nap, but I don't hate it for my sake anymore, since now I know she'll be going to bed at 8:00. Now I hate it for her sake, because every day she doesn't take a nap, she starts to fall asleep around 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon, and I can't let her fall asleep, or we'll all be up till midnight. Today I found her dozing on the living room floor. I came in and said, "Are you falling asleep?!" and she jolted up with a big grin. She hates/loves being caught falling asleep... she thinks it's hilarious.



So anyway, it was kind of a relief when the artist called me late this afternoon to tell me she couldn't make it and ask if we could reschedule. Not only that, but Martin was likely to get home on time since it's Friday (it's about the only day of the week he gets home on time these days) and we had dinner taken care of, thanks to Laura who dropped off a bag of homemade spaghetti sauce to us this afternoon. (It was delicious! We added some ground venison to it, and had a lot of leftovers so tomorrow I'm going to put it in a dish with some cheese and make a baked spaghetti for lunch.) However, we didn't eat until 10:00 at night. This is because when Martin got home we walked down to K.Dee's. We got some coffee, hung out for a little bit, looked through magazines for pictures of dogs (Anja's favorite pasttime)

No comments: