Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Back In the Kitchen Again

I'm no longer stuck with NPR as my only outlet to the world. Here I am standing at my kitchen counter listening to kids music on Pandora and looking at pictures of all sorts of animals, thanks to Google Image Search!

In fact, here's a tip for everyone reading this: if you're ever feeling down on the world, just hop on the Internets and go to Pandora.com. Tune into Raffi Radio with the addition of Elizabeth Mitchell, and you'll be feeling good in no time. Because really, who can be upset when listening to kids music? Lines like "Put my cares into a whistle and blow them all away" just kick sad feelings out the window!

Well, Lent is here. Again. I'm determined this year to make the most of the season. Last year I was so pregnant I was about to explode (and indeed I did, two weeks before Easter!) and then for Holy Week I had a newborn, and the whole experience of Lent was kind of lost last year. So this year I'm going to be back on track. It already started out better by getting to Ash Wednesday mass at noon and Anja being completely awesome. It was the first time I'd been to mass with both girls by myself. Scary, but it worked out well! I'm not sure we would've made it though, if it weren't for my brother-in-law who came running up behind us and carried Greta for me so I could carry slow-walking Anja. And then we got to sit with my sister and their kids, so that was great too. Made the scary first-experience a little easier.

Well, it's time to look at more animal pictures. Hmm... maybe we need a hidden internet pantry somewhere in this kitchen.....

No comments: