Sunday, June 5, 2011

Animals of our Life

Clearly BlogBooster takes some getting used to... I would not call my last post a success.

But here is a little post about some of our locals, whom I've mentioned before on the blog. Ratty Squirrel is either dead or has been evicted (I've seen some robins nesting in the porch roof next door, where Ratty used to hang out), unless his fur is changing and this is him: Can you say "not right"?!

What's with the camouflage fur?! Pretty icky, and he's around ALL THE TIME. But you know, I don't think it's Ratty Squirrel.... Ratty had absolutely NO hair on his tail. None. He was a true Squirrat... and of course, one I found that the squirrat is a "mythological" animal, he packs his things and leaves the neighborhood. Of course.

While we were getting into the car today, we heard a big *thump* and found this little baby robin--he'd smacked right into the back of our car! Martin tried to pick him up to move him, but he hopped away, so he just poked him until he got safely away from the car. Cute, huh?

And for our last animal of today's post, here is a duck:




One day she came out of her room dressed like this and told me she was a duck! She wore yellow all day... Conveniently, it rained later in the afternoon, and she got to wear her yellow raincoat!


WE'RE GOING TO THE FROZEN CUSTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: