Saturday, September 20, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

Yum! I just finished off a big bowl of Kraft macaroni and cheese. I don't care how childish it seems, I LOVE that stuff. And it's great to have it on hand when Martin is traveling. It's kind of sad... I'd been doing a really good job of eating an awesome diet all summer, drinking water, making good meals at home. But now that Martin travels I have absolutely ZERO motivation to eat healthy. I still go for walks because Anja enjoys them so much, but as for nutrition, it kind of went out the window the day he took off on the road.

However... he is home this week! Hooray! Each of the counsellors gets a "week in the office" so that someone is always there to take phone calls, etc. and this week is his! That means I have to actually think about making dinners this week, go to the grocery store tomorrow, and I won't have the car for a week. But trust me, it's totally worth it. All morning we were saying how nice it is to have a Saturday where we don't feel like we have to squeeze in everything into a few short hours, because he's not going anywhere tomorrow! Today we are taking care of around-the-house maintenance that has been put off for far too long... and tomorrow we're going to Indianapolis to the Irish Fest to celebrate my sister's birthday! What is she this year? A quarter of a century?

Yesterday Anja was soooooooooooo crabby. Her fever finally broke sometime overnight but she woke up so incredibly grumpy and basically cried and screamed all morning, so I finally took her in. We saw the NP instead of the doctor, which is fine, and she suspected Ros..e... something. Now I can't remember what it's called. Anyway, it's a rash. She said the rash shows up when the fever breaks, but Anja's fever has been gone since yesterday morning and still no rash! So I don't know what the trouble was, but last night in the middle of the night she woke up, nursed, and then decided it was playtime, so I know she must be feeling better. She's still a little crabby today, but not so much, and I think it's just because she has some leftover sick feelings. Maybe it was just a little bit of the flu or something, I don't know. Poor little thing. But I'm glad she's on the mend!

A few weeks ago while I was having a music practice Martin sat in the car with Anja under the shade of a tree and when I came out he suggested I do that someday if I had to drive Anja to sleep for a nap. Park in a shady spot and read a book. So yesterday I did! She fell asleep on the way home from the doctor, so I picked up a Subway sandwich for lunch and parked over at Columbian Park where I read a few short stories from my big book of stories from the class I took that one time. It was so pleasant! And I had the stroller in the trunk, so I figured if she woke up we could walk around the park and maybe go to the petting zoo to see the little goats.

We had to pick up Martino from work yesterday, but Anja was crabby in the afternoon so we went down a little early so we could hang out on campus and take a walk. We ended up getting there and walking down to Campbell's, the coffee shop, for a muffin! It was so much fun. I love our little dates. And she loves muffins, so everybody wins! We sat outside at one of the sidewalk tables in hopes of seeing some dogs, but we saw zero dogs, much to our disappointment. When Martin finished work he walked down and met us. Anja seriously ate half the blueberry muffin by herself. She's such a good little eater!

Now Martin is mowing and I reeeaaallllyyyy should do something productive while he's gone and Anja is still sleeping. The problem is that I have these lazy tendencies.....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wahoo for only being a quater of a century. We'll stick with that. I remember taking C. for a drive to sleep and reading a book -- now we drive PX for a nap and the rest of us get half price slushies at Sonic happy hour. Not quite as intellectually stimulating, but still fun!!