Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day of Fun Messages

I got a lot of fun messages on my phone today! The first was from Laura wishing me a happy due date. We made tentative plans to hang out on Monday, assuming neither of us will have given birth before then.



The second was a voicemail from my mother-in-law, and it was a little song that went something like this: "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday little baby, you're now overdue!" That made me smile. Then she tried to bribe the baby out with presents, and that made me smile as well. Though I held the phone to my belly, I don't think the dinosaur took the hint.



The third was a text from my brother-in-law that said, "You're going the wrong way! The hospital is the other direction!" The funny part about that is that he was driving behind us at the time, and I kept trying to wave to him, but I could tell he was texting, so he never saw me. I just assumed he didn't know it was us, and I stopped trying to get his attention, then we turned. I didn't hear my phone when the text came through though, so I didn't get his message until two hours later! I always forget that he has his own cell phone, or else I would've texted him. Anyway, I did call my sister and tell her to pass along that I got the message, and that I was trying to flag him down and that's why I missed the message at the time!

I just told Martin that I'd make our corned beef for dinner tomorrow, and he said, "Whatever. We're having dinner at the hospital tomorrow." Haha! I love how optimistic he still is. Here, I've come to terms with the fact that this baby is staying put forever, and he's holding out hope that it's actually going to be born.

Now it's time for tea and then bed, because we're all exhausted!