Monday, March 9, 2009

More Trouble Inside Than Out

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I keep trying to remind myself when I feel so sick of being pregnant these days that it really is easier to care for a baby who is inside you than for one who is outside of you. Well, that theory seems to be rapidly changing.

The night before last I couldn't sleep. I was having major BH contractions, so to get them to go away I came downstairs and messed around on the internet for awhile. They eventually went away, and almost immediately after they were gone, I got a wicked case of heartburn. So I was up for a lot longer because of that. Ugh!

Then yesterday I started itching. During the day it was just my hands and feet that were itching. By evening it was EVERYWHERE. From head to toe, I was one giant itch. I laid in bed scratching all over, but the very worst were the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. The only thing I could figure was it was a reaction to the antibiotic. So I got up and distracted myself by knitting for awhile, and eventually went back to bed around 1:30 and fell asleep. It was only three hours later that our Pie woke up.... and stayed up until after 6:00. Grrrr..... So when she finally went back to sleep, I halfway wanted to get up for my day and enjoy my morning with Martin, but it wasn't worth it, having only gotten three hours of sleep. Plus, I was STILL itching like crazy and the best distraction for anything is sleep. So I went back to sleep and Anja and I slept until 9:00. Yikes!

I didn't take a dose of medicine this morning; I wanted to call and tell them about my itchiness and see if it was a reaction. They told me I can take Benedryl!! Hallelujah! Not that we have any.... but it doesn't matter, because Martin brought the car home to me on his lunch when I wasn't able to get Anja down for a nap until her usual wake-up time, so I will be able to get Benedryl in time to take my evening dose. And now I'm sure it is a reaction because the itching has lessened a lot throughout today.

So in short: this baby needs to be born. It's becoming much harder to keep up with the ailments it's causing me than it would be to just keep up with its diapers if it were in the world. Plus, my lap is disappearing and it makes it hard to read Anja stories if I have no lap for her to sit on.

No comments: