Saturday, March 21, 2009

Re-Nesting

I'm so disappointed that I had a clean house three weeks ago, and here I am, past my due date, with a messy, dirty house. Again. And not even a new baby as an excuse. Well, these were my thoughts earlier this morning, but as soon as Anja went down for her nap, Martin and I got to work and things have been getting accomplished ever since. I feel so much better about the house now. We got laundry folded and put away. We got more laundry washed. We got dishes done, the bathroom clean, cobwebs removed from dark corners, surfaces dusted... LOTS got done. And I just feel so much better about the place. The only thing I have left that absolutely needs to be done is mopping the floors. I've been putting this off for weeks. It didn't get done last time I was "nesting" and it didn't get done today either, but I guess there's always tomorrow.

Other non-cleaning things got accomplished too. Martin ordered a charger cord for our video camera, which we've been needing pretty much since we GOT the camera, since our cord got eaten by one of the animals. We've looked for it at electronic stores, but have never been able to find it. Finally, we thought of it today again and he ordered one off the internet. That's a good thing to have gotten accomplished too!

I'm glad spring is here. Out the windows of the Big Back Room here, I can see the Cook children building forts between their clothes lines, and beyond that Dawn is working in her yard. Yay! I hadn't been outside until I just took out some trash, and I had no idea how warm it was! I think it's definitely a day for a family walk! And eventually we will go to the grocery store.

Happy Sunny Day!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Yay!! I'm so glad we were in the hospital at the same time!! It was fun having you right down the hall! And I loved hearing how she came to the world. She's beautiful and I can't wait to see her again!!