Sunday, June 21, 2009

Crazy People

Whoever came up with the idea that all holidays should be spent with all extended family CLEARLY didn't have a 3-month-old and an 19-month-old. Or if they did, they must not have been in the car with them when the idea was hatched. In any case, it was a crazy morning and both girls cried almost the entire way to the cottage. When we got to the road that leads to our cottage, Anja had JUST fallen asleep (Greta had fallen asleep a few minutes before) so Martin sat in the car for an hour or so with her while I hung out with my family. Luckily, the short nap didn't matter and Anja was in a great mood and happy to see her cousins. She and PeterXavier seem to be becoming good pals, which is funny, since I think she used to find PX a little intimidating. I mean, he IS a walking firecracker, so I can understand her reluctance toward him, but she seems to have completely gotten over it. Maybe it's because she's bigger now and able to rough-house with him. In any case, they had a good time together today. And we did too. Amazingly, I didn't eat myself to death! Anja also had a great time throwing rocks into the river with her cousin Aurelio, as well as walking down to visit the horses down the road. Such fun!

So happy fathers day to all the daddies out there. I hung out with all the best today!

Thanks to Facebook, I stumbled upon this. NPR had an article posted about their list of the "100 most essential folk songs." Not only was it a list, but it's a list you can listen to on a live stream. Needless to say, I'm in heaven. I think I have had 90% of that list on my own repertoire at one time or another in my life. It could basically be the soundtrack of my life. In other words, I LOVE IT. We've had it playing nonstop back here since we discovered it. How often do you just happen to find nonstop audio of your favorite songs??? The list includes such amazingness as "Love is Our Cross to Bear"; "Caledonia"; "Our Town"; "Tecumseh Valley"; "Deportees"; "Streets of London"; "Circle Game"; "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda"..... GEEZ!! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE WHAT GREAT SONGS ARE ON THIS LIST!!!!!!

Okay, but I just counted and I only play 68% of it. Still. That's a pretty good percentage of one list.

Now that I'm thinking of that, there's nothing else to say. Oh well, we're off to bed anyway. It's been quite a weekend!

No comments: