Saturday, August 2, 2008

All Pooped Out

The other day Jill had a post that was titled "Just the normal chaos around here" or something like that... and that's how it is around here today, except I'm getting veeeerrrrryyyyyyy tired of it.

Oh.. *WARNING* this post is not for those with uneasy stomachs. Laura, if you're reading this, you might not want to continue. It might make you more nauseous than you already are.

Anja didn't sleep great last night, but she wasn't up every hour as she is some nights, so there's something to be thankful for. We woke up at 7:30 this morning to her crawling into our bed! It was soooooo adorable!! She'd managed to get off her bed (happily) and when I woke up she was coming up onto our bed. I opened my eyes and there she was, grinning at me! It was super adorable. She was in SUCH a good mood, so we all played in bed a little bit. She loves to crawl over bodies now. Then she found some yummy power cords so we had to call off the games and go downstairs.

...where we smelled a familiar smell that reminded me unpleasantly of the 4th of July.

Karenin had done it again. She'd had diarrhea in the night and it was everywhere... except it was more like it had been everywhere, before she ate it all. So her cage was relatively clean, just the door was spattered with poo. Talk about GROSS. So, once again, Anja and I sat outside with her while Martin cleaned it all up. While we were sitting outside with her she started throwing up all the poo she'd eaten. It was so disgusting. I mean, obviously... I guess I don't have to actually SAY how disgusting it was, I can just tell the story.

So anyway, now Martin's spent his morning outside in the yard with the dog who promptly got hosed off and is still drying out. Right now he's got Anja out there with him. I just took a shower and somehow we all have to get ready by 1:00 and go up to the Region for my cousin Phillip's wedding which is this afternoon. What a day!!

3 comments:

M.E.S. said...

Poor Karenin! And poor you guys who have to deal with the aftermath!

I was in Kohls today and saw a giant photo of a man on the wall that looked like Martin!!!

Anonymous said...

Is Karenin eating something that makes her so sick? Maybe something you hadn't thought may be bad, or figured she wouldn't eat?

Just a thought...since she's usually healthy.

Sam

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Mary,
That's hilarious. I wonder who he is? Martin's long lost twin, maybe!

Sam,
No. We're very careful not to give her anything. We don't even give her dog treats. She is on a strict Karenin-Food-Only diet. And we are assuming she's secretly getting into stuff and that's what makes her sick all the time, but it must be such small amounts--since we never know what it is--that makes us wonder why it makes her sooooooooo sick. If it happens again, we're going to take her back to the vet. It's very weird.