Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Worst Haircut Ever

The first year after I graduated highschool I very stupidly got my hair cut the day before Christmas Eve. At the Lafayette Beauty Academy. Now, I had been to the Beauty Academy before and been perfectly satisfied with all my experiences there. I wouldn't have necessarily raved about anything, but I didn't have any complaints. However, since that Christmas haircut (years ago) I've never been back to the Beauty Academy for anything. It was by far the worst haircut I'd ever had in my entire life. That includes ALL mushroom haircuts from my youth. This was BAD. You can see remnants of that haircut on my Songs from a Bungalow CD cover. That cover photo was taken that following March, three whole months after the butchering job, and that's all the longer my hair had gotten. (Although admittedly, it looked a lot better than it had.) That haircut was very nearly traumatizing.

And then today I wound up with the exact same haircut.

I don't know how it happened. I went in and requested a cut like Meg Ryan's in "You've Got Mail." He said he knew that movie, yes, he knew that haircut. Snip, snip, snip... I don't look anything like Meg Ryan. I look like someone cut all the top of my head, slmost none of the back, managed to make one slightly bald spot, some horrid bangs and a combination of lengthy pieces at the back of my neck that can either be gelled into a rat tail, or left as a natural mullet.

This haircut is BAD.

So now I think I'll go hide under a rock for about three weeks until it grows out enough so that it can be fixed. *sigh* And I was so looking forward to a cute haircut today.

5 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I got a really bad hair cut one time. I looked like Mrs. Brady, no joke. Luckily it grows!

Elisabeth said...

aw annie, so sorry!!! i love your description of it though.... hopefully it's not as bad as you've described....!!! note to self: never go to the beauty academy.

Anne said...

I love your description of it! Of course now I want to see a pictures...

Sarah said...

I just want to say that Annie's haircut isn't nearly as bad as she made it out to be!! It's very cute, just not really "Annie-esque"!!

Anonymous said...

You could always invest in some nice hats? ; )
http://www.hats.com/