Monday, August 11, 2008

Our First Trip to the ER

We had a long night! So Anja fell asleep last night at 7:00 but woke up again around 8:00 or 8:30. I was getting ready to put her down at 9:00 and she suddenly started throwing up. And throwing up... and throwing up... It was so weird! She's never been sick like this before, so I got really worried and we decided to take her to the emergency room. We waited foreeeeeever while she kept throwing up and this weird wheezing man was wandering around breathing on us and kept thinking Anja was a boy. It was very slow but everyone was so nice and she eventually got seen by a doctor and as it turns out, she has an ear infection!!! Who knew?!? She was so happy and fine all day, I never would've guessed. So we were at the emergency room until after midnight (I did get to see the boys from the US win the gold in swimming) and then we filled her prescription so we didn't finally fall into bed until almost 1:30. Whew! She seems to be fine this morning though, back to her old cheery self. I'm glad we took her in.

So that is my news of the day!

1 comment:

Ben Hatke said...

Emergency rooms are among the strangest places in the world. I have seen more oddballs in ERs than anyplace else.