Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"It Makes Me Want to Buy School Supplies"

Any of you die-hard "You've Got Mail" fans will recognize that quote. It's what Martin and I have been saying back and forth to each other lately whenever commenting on this fabulously fallish weather. So tonight after Anja went to bed, we put in our mutual favorite movie!!! Isn't it the best??? We laughed though, wondering if our kids will think it's totally dated and lame. They won't even get the loud dial-up whenever the characters sign on to the internet. And probably AOL will be extinct by then because it's so rotten and they won't understand that either. But seriously... whoever thought that a 90 minute ad for Starbucks, AOL and Barnes & Noble could make such an incredible Chick Flick!?!? I LOVE IT!!! And it makes me want short hair again too, specifically, exactly like Meg Ryan's.

Anja has stopped showing interest in her solid foods and I'm really afraid that it's because she loves her ear infection medicine so much. She gobbles that stuff down and cries when I put it away. But when I offer her sweet potatoes, carrots or rice cereal, she kind of turns up her nose and looks away, like, "where's the yummy pink stuff?" Great. My 9-month old has a sweet tooth!

Not much else is new. I made tomato tortelloni soup tonight and I was disappointed with how it turned out. The cream curdled and the tortellonis got huge and I accidentally over-cooked them because I stupidly put them on to boil and then went out to sit on the porch swing. I'm really not very smart sometimes.

8 comments:

Jill said...

When that movie came out I tried very hard to dress just like Kathleen Kelly - the cardigans, the cute skirts, etc. sigh, i love that movie too. I never get tired of watching it!

LauraSuz said...

I love love love the way she dresses. I tried to dress like her too!

One of my favorite quotes is, "The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."

Anonymous said...

I guess it is time to bring out my Grandpa's saying: 'You can't cook dinner and sit on the porch swing."
He actually did say that one time when my mom (his daughter) burned dinner because she was sitting on the front porch swing. It became a family saying. So it is in your genes, Annie. Mama

Sarah said...

I've been thinking about that movie, too -- the quote about a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils . . . how cute!

Jill - I remember you dressing like Kathleen Kelly! You're so cute!!

Anonymous said...

(Joannie looks at her outfit)
Um, is it okay if one STILL dresses like Kathleen Kelly? Hm...

My favorite YGM quote is, "It makes my apartment smell MOSSS-AY." Steve Zahn always gets the best lines in movies.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Haha, I love it! I write about my daughter's trip to the ER and get one comment from my brother... but I write about the best movie of all time and look at all the lucious comments!!!!!!!! Also, I'd like to make the correction that I called it a 90-minute ad, but I guess that would be the case if it were a Disney movie. It is in fact a 120 minute film.

Jill said...

I also like,
"This place is a tomb! I'm going to the nut shop where it's fun."

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.