Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cruising

Sure, it might be true that she can only back herself into corners and underneath chairs, but still, she is definitely MOVING. Oh! She just made a little leap forward. See? Before I know it she'll be completely mobile.

Today we are all dressed up to go party-hopping! First stop is Claire Freeman's baby shower, after that there's a retirement open house for Martin's 3rd grade teacher. Or kindergarten teacher? I can't remember, I get them mixed up. Anyway.... I am wearing the same thing I wore to Laura's bridal shower and I would say I hope no one notices except I just announced it here on my blog, so I guess I can't care very much if people judge me for my lack of wardrobe creativity!

I can't express how happy I am to be back in my old size of clothes. The skirt I'm wearing today is one of two skirts I bought when I was first pregnant with Anja. I mean FIRST pregnant... as in less than three months pregnant with my first child. I'm slightly embarrassed that I was surviving on Easter candy and ginger ale for so many weeks that my clothing size when up loooooong before I was showing. So it's a pretty good feeling to not really be able to fit into this skirt anymore! It's even looser than it was at Laura's, which is comforting. And Anja is wearing a VERY cute blue and white smocked dress with a collar that actually stays down!! I have the hardest time keeping her collars down. I don't know if it's because she has a really short neck or what, but most of the time her collars are flipped up and she just chews on them all day. She gets little red bumps all over her chin and under her chin (and between her chins) from being so drooly and having her wet collars always rubbing against her skin. Poor little girl! But she looks reeeaaaallly pretty this morning.

She woke up this morning around 7:30, although I'm not really sure she was awake. I thought she was awake so I sent Martin up to get her. When he came down with her it was pretty clear that she had NOT been awake when he went up there... I think he just wanted to snuggle her before he left for his test. Pretty cute. Anyway, about an hour later she was ready for a nap so she and I both snuggled down and I slept for an hour and she slept for almost three!! I'm really glad though because I was worried about how naps would work out today with all this stuff going on. She should be good to go for at least the shower, and if she sleeps through the retirement thing, who cares!?

Last night was a picnic out at prophetstown for PX's birthday. Fun times! Great weather! Pictures tomorrow!

And good job to Martino for smoking everyone on his PFT this morning!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie this has nothing to do with anything that you said on your blog, but I just wanted you to know that the song that you wrote about the Indiana border is sort of famous. Sr. Mary Ann, OP of the Nashville Dominicans said she plays it when she comes to Indiana from Nashville. She always plays it for the new Sisters who are coming to teach at Our Lady of Mount Carmel!!! I thought you would like to know that! mrsw

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Aaahh, hahahaha! That's hilarious! Thanks for telling me though, it does make me feel kind of famous. :)