Friday, May 30, 2008

Shout it Out!

Our little trip to Tipton was fun. Pretty uneventful though. All the old people at the awards banquet made a fuss over Anja and Martin's award presentation wasn't until almost the very end of the program, which was pretty funny. We spent the majority of the evening out in the hallway with Anja so she could yell though. She's become a real shouter lately. It's super cute. I wish I knew what she was really doing, if she is singing or trying to say something, or if she just likes to hear the noise she's making. She's so happy when she's yelling too. Sometimes we'll be taking a walk down Main Street and she yells the whole way down the sidewalk. The drive was nice and we got to see that famous gas station/restaurant called "Eat Here and Get Gas."

I think Anja is going to be an instrument player. She's really into doing tiny little motions. She has these little animals--a turtle, a frog and a duck--and they all have these annoying clump of tags on their behinds. But she loooooves them! Sometimes she's more interested in just stuffing the whole animal in her mouth, but often she sits there and really concentrates on those tags and fingers them gently. It's cute. Do I really have to end everything I say about Anja with "it's cute"? Isn't that just kind of a given? Obviously, everything she does is cuten and I should really stop saying it.

I wanted to take a walk over to Borders this morning before the rain came, but she fell asleep so now we don't get to do that. Bummer. Oh well, tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty gorgeous day.

Since Martin got his vacation approved we're going to use that time to tear up the carpet in the front room. I am sooooooooooo excited. I'll be thrilled just to have a floor I'm able to clean! I will feel so much better about Anja learning to crawl on a place that is not our nasty carpet. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time in that front room this summer. Which is great, because I love the front room! Now if we only had a proper couch up there, that would make it REALLY great.

As long as I'm talking about the boringness of home decor and arrangement, I'll just go on to say that I'm tempted to give Martin the Big Back Room. It's true that this is the only place the computer can be until we get wireless internet (never) but other than that, this room is just where Martin lifts weights, where we keep our ironing board and microwave and our TV which rarely gets used at all. I mean, I guess it's nice to have a couch back here for when we do watch movies, but that hardly ever happens and we could probably move that twin bed from the front room back here and make this a sort of guest bedroom as well as a movie-watching, computer-using room. I dunno. It's something to think about. But if we ever move the couch back to the front, I will insist on getting a slipcover for it because I hate how dark it is in that front room. It darkens the whole room, and it would be especially bad with the wood floors. Well. So much to think about.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Yeah, Charles did the tag thing, too. In fact, they make books and blankets and pillows with tags on the edges just so kids can finger them. Peter's parents got C a book with them for Xmas. He loved it.

Michelle said...

Annie,
my mom makes these cute blankets with tags all around the edge. If you want one, let me know.

Anna May said...

I like your new banner.