Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hide it Under a Bushel? NO!

I really need to stop complaining about Karenin. The most important thing in a dog for us is that it be good and patient with Anja and at that, Karenin is just incredible. Just now Anja was actually grabbing Karenin's fur to help pull herself over onto her stomach. It couldn't have been comfortable to Karenin, but she just let her do it without even looking at her. Nevermind that Karenin was busy chewing up the metal door-stopper from the back door.... many other dogs would not have been so tolerant. But Karenin is great.

One thing Anja and I do almost every day is play music together. I usually do most of the playing... and the singing.... but Anja seems to like it a lot and sometimes she smiles a lot, but mostly she watches my left hand change chords. But yesterday she started singing along with me! It was soooooooo cute!! She's sure got some pipes too. Yesterday it was on a song that I'm playing for Alison's wedding, but today she was singing along to "This Little Light of Mine" which is one of her all-time favorite songs. One day when we were driving and she was getting upset, the only thing that would keep her from crying was me singing "This Little Light of Mine" over and over again. We sing the Raffi version which is a little jazzier than the regular old bible school version. I think as soon as Martin gets home tonight we're going to get out the video camera and do some recording of her. She's so funny now. There's not much fun in videoing a newborn; they don't do anything. But now we can tape her rolling over and singing and yelling and smiling at the animals and all the other cute things she does.

Her sudden interest in the animals is really adorable. Today she is VERY interested in Theodore. She's been watching him and smiling at him all morning! For awhile we just sat on the bed and watched Theodore bathe himself and Anja was tickled to death by that.

This might be a good day to take the trolley over to campus and go to Von's. I left my favorite pen out lidless and now I'll be needing another.

Anja's acting like she wants a nap. Apologies for the boring post.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Charles did the same thing with animals. He simply ignored them for the longest time even when we tried to show them to him and then all of a sudden he was obsessed with them. Now he chases after the cats.

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

So cute! I love the Raffi version! Can I tell you a funny story about Raffi? When I was about 10 years old or so, we went to go stay with my aunt in Cincinnati for a couple days. She wanted to take the little kids to a concert but since we were older, we got to choose which one would be less annoying. It was between Barney and Raffi. We chose Raffi. He was great! He sang fun songs and was very nice, but he kept telling all the kids to sit down and be quiet! It was hard because everyone wanted to just "shake their sillies out"! Finally, in the middle of the concert, he stopped and said that he would not play another song until it was quiet in there! I'm not kidding! I was like, "Who the heck are you? The Stalin of children's songs!?" It was weird! But he's still great! And no matter what, it was much better than Barney would have been!!