Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Notes

I may be the only one these days, but just to let you all know, in case you were ever wondering, I'm not pregnant. There was a pretty funny event about a week ago though, where my LadyComp told me I was. I came downstairs at 6:00 and Martin was eating breakfast. I told him my LadyComp had just told me I was pregnant. He kind of sighed and said, "better go buy another test." So I went out, practically in my pajamas, and bought a double pack of pregnancy tests. It was negative. I knew it would be, I knew I wasn't pregnant. But when I told the girls at rosary group that morning, every one of them told me I couldn't believe the pregnancy test because it might not show up right away, and the LadyComp is smarter than the EPT! So I intended to take the second test today (a week later) but I didn't need to, since good old Aunt Flo showed up on Saturday. I knew I wasn't pregnant, I don't know why I even worried.

What a weekend! Anja was totally exhausted by the end of it--as were her parents!! And, like everyone else, I brought my camera along with me everywhere and took a total of 4 pictures, and none of them turned out very good. Grr! I had such high hopes for the pictures I could post today. Too bad.

Friday was Anja's half birthday! She's six months old now. I can't believe it!! We celebrated by walking through the Gallery Walk and over to Vienna in the rain. Thanks to our fabulous weather shield stroller accessory, Anja stayed warm and dry all night! At Vienna we had coffee and desserts and got to visit with our friend Ben Ezra, whom we haven't seen in a long while.

Saturday was a crazy busy day. Between Mothers Day preparations and organizing ourselves for all of our upcoming weddings this summer, we were busy bees! Martin spent most of the day baking. In the morning we went to Target where he got all the ingredients he needed to make apple tarts, blueberry struesel muffins and lemon poppyseed muffins for brunch at my parents house on Sunday. We also bought wedding gifts for the next three weddings on our calendar, one being Laura's, which was that night!

It was a very nice wedding. Anja was fabulously behaved throughout the mass and into the reception, but in the middle of dinner she let us know she'd had enough, so we went on home. She was such a trooper though! She fell asleep immediately in the car, and didn't wake up until 6:00 on Sunday morning. She was fussy then; she ate, and fell right back asleep. We sneakily changed her diaper and loaded her into her carseat, and she pretty much stayed asleep during that, continued dreaming all through 7:30 mass, and on until 10:00 in the morning when I had to wake her up! She was wiped! And Sunday wasn't much rest for her, jumping from one family to the next with Mothers Day festivities.

I tried to make the teacup bouquets for our moms, but it didn't really work until Martin lent his own creativity and got some Burts Bee's trial-sized products to stick in with the flowers. Then they looked good! I recieved my own Burts Bee's facial kit from him along with some scratch-off lottery tickets--I won $26! What luck!! Other gifts included special Milk-Free french toast from my loving brother-in-law, Andrew, some gorgeous earrings from my sister-in-law, and a lavendar plant and CILANTRO seeds from my other sister-in-law. I really should get some onions, because if I can grow onions, I'll have my very own salsa garden right here in my yard. And THAT, my friends, is what I've always wanted.

What a run-around weekend! And now I have to post my formal apology to any of the girls who tried to come say a rosary at my house this morning. I completely forgot to call anyone and tell them that I wouldn't be home this morning at 9:30 because I was driving Martin to work after his doctor appointment. The reason I'm driving him today is because there's an end-of-the-year picnic at Wabash this evening that Anja and I are going back for. Should be fun! I think I'm going to wear my new wrap skirt. Anja will be wearing the 3-piece, brand-new-with-the-tags-still-on-it outfit that I got from Goodwill this morning. Cute little pastel plaid pants a white onesie with an embroidered collar, and a lovely pink sweater. VERY cute! And in the dryer right now!

Also, I got peed on this morning by Anja for the first time ever! In all the baths I've give her, and all the times I've carried her around naked, she's never peed on me until today. I had her sitting on my thigh while I tested the water in her tub, and she let loose, then looked up at me with the biggest grin ever. It was so cute!!!

But now I'm cold and wet and kind of smell bad, so I think I'll go change my clothes.

No comments: