Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Days Fly By

Our Saturday was busy and fun. The retirement party was at St. James so we walked over and that was a nice little treat in the middle of a hectic day. Anja LOOOVES her stroller, and is always happiest when she's outside. In fact, the retirement party, which we'd thought was an open house, turned out to be an actual event with a start time and end time and a program lineup in between... since we got there right in the middle of it, we stood outside for the program part. It was nice! Afterward we went in and got to socialize with all sorts of St. James people that I met at our wedding but haven't seen since, so I had to pretend I remembered them when really it was kind of hard. Oh well, they're all so nice. After walking home we were both beat and still dressed up, and I reeeaally didn't feel like cooking, so Martin suggested we go out to eat! This is something we've essentially cut out of our life. Not only do we feel like better people eating all our meals at home, but now when we go out to eat it feels like a real treat! Last night especially did--my parents went to the Blue Knight Auction this year and brought us back some gift certificates! So we went to Outback Steakhouse with a gift card and both got steak dinners for a grand total of $13.00! I was delighted to find out that not only does Outback have cherry coke, but they also only use REAL BUTTER, which is Anja-friendly, and so my whole meal was slathered in butter. It was awesome. It's also always fun to have a dress-up date, and Anja looked especially cute too.

Today was much less hectic. When the alarm went off this morning early enough for us to make it to 7:30 mass, Martin turned it off. We were too tired to get up for it; we went to the 10:00 at St. Ann's. Surprisingly enough, a lot of people we know were there, so we got to socialize a little bit afterward. When we got home instead of eating our usual toast and eggs, I made apple cinnamon scones! Delicious. Kim came over and we practiced music for Alison's wedding while I made chicken and noodles and around 4:30 we all had dinner together. While we were practicing Martin did some fabulous things including cleaning up ALL the dog poo from the yard, mowing, and planting my rose bushes!!!!!!!! They look beautiful. I love them. They're both full of blooms--one is red roses, one is pink roses. And I love them.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment.
Grrooooaaannn... I'm getting cavitities filled. REALLY not looking forward to it.

I think Anja's going to be one of those little girls whose way of crawling is on her hands and toes. Tonight we were playing with her on the floor and she kept lifting herself up to her toes, it was so cute! Some say that's because little girls have a hard time crawling in dresses. I think in Anja's case it has little to do with attire and lots to do with weight. She can try all she wants to get on her hands and knees, but she'll always still be on her belly.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What is your problem? Can you try posting a NORMAL picture of me???=)

M.E.S. said...

Hey, it's my MOM! She's famous!

Anonymous said...

I think the last pic is my favorite of Anja-- such a cute smile and such great yellow shoes. ; )

Anne said...

Charles is happiest outside, too, where things are different.