Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dog Farts

Okay, our dog is having some digestion issues and those issues are stinking up the entire house. It's nice that she's such a good companion and follows me through the house, always staying right beside me... but lately I've had to go through my day with a clothespin on my nose because she smells SO BAD. Our back room is really big, and in ten minutes she can fill it with her nastiness. It's really gross. And anyone who's ever had a dog knows that dog gas is the most lethal kind. It kills you way harder than carbon monoxide because instead of just falling asleep, it you gag until you're unconscious.

Everybody's getting married. Bethany Jones and Dallas Johnson are married now, and they are about as perfect a couple as Dan and Laura. I'd just like to say that I called their union before they were even dating, thank you very much.

My good friend Alison is getting married this Saturday too! I'm excited for her, especially because the weather is forecasting sunny skies and warm temperatures for her outdoor wedding. Always a plus. I'm doing the music for her wedding, and I'm only slightly nervous... I don't want to ruin her wedding with my crappy musicianship. But it's a possibility. Yikes.

Today I volunteered out at Prophetstown! I led my first group tour (very much assisted by my mom) to a group of 2nd graders from Murdock. It was great! My group was really good. The group before was pretty rambunctious... I was happy that for my turn the kids were all quiet and polite and well-behaved. It was really fun though and I learned stuff about the house that I hadn't known before. One of the little girls told me I looked pretty in my 1920 farm dress and apron and a lot of them got a kick out of Anja being there. Anja enjoyed herself too, she likes to see new people.

I feel sort of like I'm living in the past today as our furnace seems to have konked out. It's pretty chilly in here.

I'm pretty bad at planning creative meals, especially with Anja's milk allergy. We tend to eat the same five or seven dishes over and over and over again around here. This week I've branched out and foud a recipe for Irish Stew in the crock pot (perfect for tomorrow's Annie Car Day!) and another recipe for Caribbean Shrimp. That'll be for Friday. I'm excited for them both.

I'm glad everyone is getting married. It's such a fun status. I really love being married. I know I say it a lot and I try not to get too gushy about it, but seriously. It's even more fun to THINK, because you always have someone to share your thoughts with.

Tonight we'll be knitting at Barnes & Noble! For the rest of the afternoon I have music to practice, laundry to fold, and dinner to cook before Martin gets home at 5:15. For now though I HAVE to get out of this room before I pass out. UGH!!! This dog!!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Awww, Murdock! That was my old school. I bet I could figure out which teacher was with them based on the way you described their behavior!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Annie: As you may remember, we DO NOT use the word that you included in your title in our family. I fully realize that you have started you own family.....but do you understand that if Anja says that word I will drop dead on the spot???? I have NEVER said that vulgar word in my life......STOP IT!!!! :) Time out for Annie!!
Love, Yo Mama

PS Maizie seems to be having a problem with flatulence ( or gas or toots or whatever you want to call it except that word YOU used)herself.....maybe it is something in the air.

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

We didn't say that word either.. we said "FOOF". I recommend using it! It's original and a little humorous!

My mom said, when they were little, they had no word for it! They never talked about it! So one day my aunt was over at a friend's house and she foofed and everyone laughed and she had no idea what was going on.. I believe she is still tramatized.

M.E.S. said...

This series of comments of so hilarious! Especially your mom's. I'm dying here, seriously. We never discussed gas in the Hack house either, although I had a friend in college who would always run to the corner and, well, "foof" when she was in her room. It was pretty funny.

Anna May said...

Doberman's do a lot of passing of the gas. But, it's better than the other stuff coming from there. At least the odor will dissipate a little quicker.