Monday, March 22, 2010

My New Obsession

This is my new crafting hobby. I AM COMPLETELY ADDICTED.

These are cards. They're made with fabric, sewn onto the card stock. I LOVE ZIGZAG. It's seriously changed my life. I can do so much with it! (or should I say "I can do sew much?! Har har har!) So anyway, admittedly I recently saw this in the SouleMama.com archives, but it was a few weeks before that when Martin came home and gave me the idea. Yes, that's right. I am now getting crafting advice and ideas from my husband. He had been at Barnes & Noble and was looking at stationary sets and told me that some of them had stitching on them. He thought they were pretty cute and suggested I do something like that. And then I saw it the other day on SouleMama, but mine are a little different from hers.... she covered her entire cards in fabric, front and back, while I only cover the front so that they are not too bulky. And I think they wouldn't close up as flat if they had fabric on the back as well. Anyway, this is one set for sale in my Etsy shop, and I have two other sets up there too. I know one of these is a little wrinkly... Some of my other ones are too, and I can't decide if I like it or not. I definitely don't like how the wrinkles look in this picture, but in real life, you can hardly tell.... it just makes it obvious that it's fabric. I dunno. Anyway, they are super fun to make and take about nine seconds each. Yay!

Oh, Martin is making me post a second picture. He thinks these are more "eye catching". What's eye catching to me is Theodore's girth in the background.

6 comments:

Joey said...

I love the cards... Hand-made cards are the BEST, but I'm not crafty enough to do it! If you want to sell some, I'd buy them! :)

Maryanne said...

Super cute! Your craftiness is incredibly inspiring. I don't think I knew you had an etsy shop.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Ooo! Ooo! My etsy shop is linked on my sidebar!! It's near the bottom of the page...

Drew and Joey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joannie said...

making cards is strangely addictive, isn't it? you should come down to my apartment sometime and we can have a card-making party. bring your sewing machine! :)

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Joannie, seriously. I think it's the I.G. factor. (Instant Gratification!) It's kind of like quilting, except instead of taking a year, it takes one minute!