Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sundays on the Blogs




Wow, it seems like everyone gave up the blogs for Lent, so now Sundays are the only interesting days to read. Just goes to show how much holier everyone else is than I am!!! I got my laptop on the first day of Lent and had no intention of giving up ANYTHING internet-related, although I did think about what a nice lenten sacrifice that would be. But don't worry--I know what a rotten person I am, you don't need to tell me.
As you can see from the pictures above, the new little kitchen is getting a lot of use! We shoved the table over to make room for it, and oddly enough, it actually makes the kitchen feel BIGGER. Weird, huh? Our intent is to make that entirely the girls' corner, with a little shelf of some sort, and little pictures at their height, so it'll be a dressed up corner of the house that is just for them. Also, I only have a few more rounds on the rag rug I'm making for it. Babies are fine in their own way, but kids are pretty awesome.
We've had a pretty delightful Sunday, all things considered. Anja is battling a pretty monsterous cold. Actually, it wasn't so bad until yesterday, and then today she's been kind of droopy, but better than yesterday. Our alarm was set for 7:00, we got up not TOO long after the alarm, but Greta was so crabby all morning that I wasn't able to get ready for the 9:30 mass... and then 10:00 came and I STILL wasn't ready. So we had to go to the noon. Martin had taken Greta for a drive to (successfully) get her to sleep, and he called and said he had a plan for our morning, so Anja and I were ready shortly after 10:00 and when he pulled up we jumped in and were on our way. His plan included a stop at Starbucks for coffee, where I ran in for it. An old lady complimented my outfit, which was SUCH a relief, because I really wasn't so sure about it when I left the house!! In fact, part of my outfit is a sweater that my mother-in-law gave to me loooooooooong before she was my mother-in-law. I think she gave me this sweater when I was a senior in highschool. Haha! Anyway, we got some coffees then went for a little Sunday drive. It was beautiful! And both girls slept almost the entire time! We came back for the noon mass, and have had a lazy rest of our Sunday. Now Anja is going to bed and Greta will soon follow, and Martin and I will then make a pizza for ourselves for dinner.
Do you think I'll die from chewing gum with an expiration date of May 2007?
There was a short time after highschool when I didn't find Sundays to be so depressing. Now I do. Again. We have these nice weekends together as a family, then it's back to the daily grind on Monday. Which is fine, because I like what I do.... but it's always better when Martino is around. And easier too. For example: Today during Greta's nap, Anja and I took a little walk in the rain over to see some tiny plastic horses in a window display. We couldn't have done that if it weren't the weekend. But now it's Sunday evening and tomorrow is Monday and I have that yucky school-night feeling. Ugh. Oh well.... maybe we'll get some springtime temperatures and the girls and I can get out of the house and do something interesting. Some friends of mine have a llama farm and I am DYING to take the girls out there. Just as soon as it gets tolerably warm...
And that's about it. I never did get to the flower store this week (well, I did make it to one, but they were closed), but we got a pineapple at the grocery and are using it at a centerpiece until it's time to eat it!
I've been chewing this gum for about ten minutes, and I'm not dead yet. I think that's a good sign!

No comments: