Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Waiting for Spring

We are growing things around here. So far they look like weeds, but the package promises they will be teddy bear sunflowers and zennias. We shall see! And the other day I got an early Easter present from my mother-in-law:
Can you say FABULOUS?!? She couldn't contain her excitement over them until Easter--she had to give them right away. And I'm soooooooo happy to have them sitting on my dining room table... with all my other fifty-some projects. Did I say fifty? I meant fifty-thousand-some. And due to no crafting space of my own, what once was the tidiest room in the house now looks like this:

The brown thing is a dress for Anja that I just finished about ten minutes ago. I can't tell if it's really cute or really frumpy. The trim fabric will eventually be a top and some trim on matching brown pants for Greta. And seriously, who keeps their ironing board in the dining room??!?!? All this sewing is making us trashier than ever! And speaking of trash....

Today is Wednesday, which means TRASH DAY!!!! This is Anja waving to the garbage men. I reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy have to write a letter to the city sanitation deptartment and tell them how much it means to us that they wave to Anja EVERY WEEK. And she waves back now! Very cutely. It's what she's doing in the picture, with her hand all curled up. Cuteness.
Yesterday while I was making dinner, I set Anja up with a bowl of water and some cups and bathtub toys on the kitchen floor. Anja is very careful with water, pouring gently and even though I'd put a towel down just in case, not a drip was dropped. Then Greta woke up from her nap. And I knew I wouldn't be able to keep her away from it (she looooooves water) and it would be equally unfair to put it away and end the fun. Enter: Spring raincoats!

A perfect way to keep everyone relatively dry and happy. Oh, how I am so looking forward to rainy day walks!



And that's it for today, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too, Too, cute! Yes, you really MUST write a note to the Sanitation Department. Nobody ever thanks them!
I think Anja's new dress is going to look very cute on. If she will let you put it on. It isn't neon, so I'm not sure she will think it is "stylin" enough!
Cute pics.
Mama

Jill said...

I'm loving and coveting your new fabric!! I can't wait to see what you create with it