Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Mail for Happy Crafting!

This morning Anja came in saying she'd seen a truck. We didn't realize until Martin was heading out the door to catch the bus that the truck she'd seen had been the FedEx truck delivering a package to our door. Inside? "Carefree Clothes for Girls"! I got started right away (luckily, Greta decided to take an early nap) and this is my first finished project: A cute little head kerchief for Anja! I changed it a little bit... I made it two-sided because I couldn't decide between two fabrics. So one side is a little more "dress" and one side is a little more "blue jeans" but they are both super cute. (These pictures are of the dressy side. The other is a darker blue with a large floral print.)
The scraps I was using were also just two and a half inches too small, which meant I trimmed it up, but it ended up being PERFECT. It wouldn't have fit her if I hadn't made it smaller!

And the lace was the PERFECT length, recieved a week or so ago in a package from my sister-in-law. Yay for using up scraps and not spending money!
There are so many cute patterns in this book for hats, pants, skirts, dresses... and for my Most Difficult Sewing Project to Ever Attempt, there is an absolutely precious old-fashioned looking coat that I will make for Anja for the Feast this year. I am nervous, but I think I can do it. I think.
My sister and her kids came over the other day bearing fresh-picked strawberries! I turned them into a Strawberry-Basil Granita and Greta really liked it.
And speaking of Greta, guess who slept for 5 hours straight last night!! A miracle.

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I'd never heard of Strawberry-Basil Granita. I had to look it up. Greta is a smart cookie; sounds tasty!