Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wraptastic!

I went back to JoAnn's today and found some perfect fabric for my wrap skirt. It's green batik (sp?) with a little of crinkle and a little bit of stretch to it. I bought 2.5 yards instead of a full 3 (which I thought was what I needed) because it was $10 a yard. Yikes! However... when I took it up to the register I found out that it was more than half off, so my entire purchase was only a little over $10!!! Hoorah! I brought it right home, laid it out underneath my Elephant wrap skirt and cut it out. Now all I have to do it hem it up and make the tie, and I've got a new skirt for cheaper than the price of one new. That's the key to making your own clothes... it's almost not worth it if your supplies is going to be more expensive than the article of clothing itself. In this case, I lucked out!

There is a Kennedy speaking at the library today in support of Barack Obama, while down at the Plaza Hillary Clinton is going to be speaking later this evening. That means very little to us, other than to be grateful we have a driveway!!! Our poor neighbors have been confined to their homes all day because if they leave, they'll have to park blocks away from their houses!!

Okay, I just took Karenin out to go potty and she went over to the place where she usually goes poo, and she started EATING it!! We leave it there so she'll know what to do when she gets to that area of the yard, not so she can have a snack!!! How sick. Dogs are gross.

Meanwhile, my sister-in-law just got a KITTEN, and I'm completely jealous.

No, I love my dog. I really do. But Martin and I were talking this morning about how life with Karenin will be so much better when she's not a puppy. I think it wouldn't be so hard if I didn't have Anja as my first priority, and I know that in about a year or so Karenin will be THE greatest dog in the universe... but for now, she's kind of a challenge.

Also, when she went to the vet to get spayed she also got weighed and we found out she's only gained a few pounds since we got her. Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to have a medium-sized dog with big paws as opposed to the puppy with large paws that we thought would grow into a large dog. Well, she's still Karenin and she's still great.

Someone else who is great is Anja. She is so smiley!! Even today when she's only had funny short naps throughout the day.

Another great person is Martin. He's a pretty cool guy. I was thinking the other day about how good it is to be married. Way better than my single life prior to my marriage. We often talk about how glad we are to be out of the dating lifestyle. Not that either of us really dated anyone..... um.... we were both kind of losers, which I guess it why we're so great as a pair... but anyway, I'm glad to not have to worry about "if" I'll ever get married and "if" I'll ever have babies. Both taken care of! But the best part of being married is always having a friend to hang out with.

Oops... speaking of that friend, I've got to go pick him up!

No comments: