Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Almost Over!

Well, the first part of Martin's absence is almost over. I'll drive down to Terre Haute in the morning to pick him up for his police interview, then drive him back later in the afternoon. After that, it's only Friday that he'll be gone and he'll be home early Saturday afternoon. Saturday can't come fast enough. I've had about enough of this single-mom thing. But if we're being honest, it's only the dog that causes trouble. She makes it pretty much impossible to ever get Anja to sleep... or to stay asleep. Ugh.

Here's something funny: Today Anja and I were walking home from Rubia and we saw Laura Smith! She was having lunch with her dad and it made me think, "Hm, I should call my dad and set up a lunch date with him." I'd actually been thinking of it earlier in the day too, but this made me think of it again. So anyway, later that day I called my dad with a question concerning a broken paving stone, and he said he'd sent me an email today inviting me out to lunch at Basil Thai! HOW FUN!! I hadn't gotten the email... um... I'm reeeeaaallly bad at the whole email thing. In fact, correspondence in general isn't really my thing. But anyway, so we're going to lunch on Friday. I like meeting up with him for lunch because Anja and I can walk just about anywhere he likes to go.

The other night Theodore got out. It was really sad. I'm not sure when he got out, but I didn't notice until it was time to lock him in the bathroom and I couldn't find him. I called out the front door and the kitchen door and when I finally went to the back door, all I did was open it and he came running across the yard to get inside. The poor guy!! I snuggled him for a long time and he purred and purred. He must've been so scared. He's too fat and spoiled to be an outside cat. I like outside cats because they're tough, yet sensitive, and you don't have to worry about them so much. Theodore isn't so much that type.

This morning I played some kids songs for a class of 4 year olds over at the Purdue daycare. There was one really cute little boy whose name might have been Ewan but when he said it it sounded like Hewan. Either way, it was the absolute perfect name for him. He was so cute and friendly. But he had fallen on the carpet and gotten a bad rug burn, so he had a bandaid on his knee.

Today I made cookies. Lots of cookies. They are for Martin to take back with him tomorrow. I hope he doesn't share them with too many people though because I didn't taste any, but I don't think any of them turned out very yummy. Oh well.

Anja is such an awesome baby. I can seriously take her anywhere and she is great. Today on our walk to Rubia we used our Didymos wrap for the first time, in the hip cross carry. She loved it!!! I think she liked being able to snuggle me and see so much at the same time. It's the perfect carry position for her, and sooooooo comfortable. I tried to take pictures of us, but it never works very well in the mirror, so I'll have to wait till the weekend when Martin can take one of us. Anyway, if you'll remember, it's the same wrap that I modeled with Theodore inside back last summer when I was pregnant. It's very pretty and a gift from my sister-in-law AnnLaura.

I've been wanting to make this post all day, but now reading back I'm not sure if it was really worth staying up till midnight to write!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wrap is really a gift from Mom, but she asked me to pick it for you. And hip cross carry rocks! :)
-AnnLaura

Anonymous said...

We seem to run into each other all the time - it's fun!

I was jealous of your pretty pink roses!