Saturday, June 21, 2008

Home Again

Martin is finally back home after the nine days at Boys State. His boys won Honor City! I guess that means they were pretty much the best group there. He was very proud of them. And I'm happy to have him home. We celebrated by getting chocolate cokes from the custard on the way into town.


I went garage sale-ing this morning with Mrs. Schap. The first place we went had oodles of kids clothes and they were all fifty cents!! Talk about a bargain! I came away with about a thousand adorable dresses for Anja, two adorable dresses for Bella (too cute to pass up, but too small for Anja) two Sandra Boynton books and "What to Expect the First Year" for a couple of bucks. I'd like to have that around in case I ever come up with some random question about babies, or if I ever freak out and want to look at the infant CPR information. I'm glad I have it on hand now. It's funny I thought I'd be a complete first-baby freak when it came to the baby book, and professional photos and keeping up with milestones... haha, yeah right. Her babybook is practically empty. BUT, there is a milestone today to talk about, that might actually make it in!

Anja has her first tooth!!!! I discovered it when she was eating my face like she always does, and suddenly she bit down and it really hurt! So I stuck my finger down there on the bottom gum, and sure enough there was a little sharp thing coming through. She doesn't make it easy to pull back her bottom lip to see anything, but I did get one quick peek, and it's a very cute little white shard. Not very toothy yet, but plenty sharp! I guess it's time to think about weaning.... hahaha.

So life in the Big Back Bedroom is not working out. We're going to move back upstairs today. It's a lot of work, but it's more work to get any sort of substantial sleep down here. The first step in moving back upstairs though is Martin getting on the roof and figuring out once and for all how to get that blasted screen out of the window so we can put the window air conditioning up there. If that doesn't get put in the window the only kind of sleep we'll be getting up there is the eternal kind.

Poor Anja has a cold. Or maybe it's just dry air bugging her. She's all snotty and has a dry cough. Right now she's rolling around on our bed pulling her pajamas off by one sleeve. It's really cute.

Last night Joannie came over! She wanted to watch the Taste fireworks, but it was a difficult plan to make with Anja in the picture, so we ended up just LISTENING to the fireworks, drinking some beers and eating some flat beans that I picked FROM MY GARDEN!!!!!! I sauteed them with butter and BASIL FROM MY GARDEN!!!! The depressing thing about my garden is that some of the tomato plants are dying. Or should I say dead? Anyway.... one end of my garden is absolutely thriving. The other end is a very sad sight.

I'm going to see if I can get Anja to take a nap. We all woke up at 6:00 thanks to the dog but I have no idea when we'll actually make it to church.... Martin is asleep on the couch up in the front room now. I'd like to go to 9:30 so we can walk, but we'll see if we can make it. This weekend has been nutty with Martin coming home.

But it's great to have him back!

No comments: