Wednesday, June 4, 2008

With a Snip-Snip Here, and a Snip-Snip There

I'm getting my hair cut today. Hallelujah. The last time I got my hair cut was the day before Anja was born, and she'll be seven months old on Monday, which means a haircut is loooooong overdue. I am planning to get it absolutely chopped. I'm so sick of my long, stringy, thin hair. All I do is wear it up and even that looks bad because I'm sort of balding on the sides of my head. I am looking for something short, cute, and low maintenance. I will not be too picky.

I actually had ants in my pants today, believe it or not. Real live ants, the biting kind. I went out to the jungle to take some cuttings of ivy and when I pulled back one of the pieces I uncovered an ant nest. Those suckers must be fast because a few minutes later, I was feeling some tiny little bites inside my jeans! Yikes!

Yesterday after dinner Martin ordered me to take a nap on the couch while he took care of Anja. What a treat! They went for a long walk together and I snoozed away until it was time to go to knitting. What a treat!

I can't even put into words how thrilled I am about my garden. Remember how I thought my cliantro pot was just coming up weeds? WRONG!!! I actually have a zillion little cilantro stems coming up! And my cherry tomato plants are absolutely overloaded with flower buds, as is my zucchini plant. My hostas from last year look gorgeous out front and all of my hanging pots are thriving. Now that I know I can grow things, I'm definitely going to expand my garden next year. And by expand I mean cut down on tomato plants and add in some other useful things, like maybe yellow squash and green beans. But for this first year my garden is PERFECT and I wouldn't change a thing. With all those tomatoes and my cute basil plants though, I'm afraid we're going to be eating a loooooot of tomato-basil pasta.

Anja and I went for a walk this morning a little before 10:00. We could've gone on an aimless walk, or gone up the hill to the mediterrenean market for tahini, or we could've gone to a coffee shop, but in the end we chose to take a stroll through Rubia and ended up with a dozen roses for less than $5. They were in the half off section AND they were the special! Not too shabby. And I had a five dollar bill in my purse. Perfect!

Anja is awake upstairs and talking to herself. She has perfect timing. My haircut is at 2:00. Just enough time to feed her and go!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I too got my hair snipped off at 2:00 today. Weird.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

We're soulmates!

Anna May said...

Tell us is you like the new cut.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to chop my hair off. I waited till after the wedding but sometime this summer it's coming off!