Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Curse of the Mop Water

About a week and a half or so ago, I mopped the kitchen floor. I felt pretty good about myself for doing that and saved the mop water in the bathroom, vowing to mop the bathroom floors the next day. Well, the next day came and went and I didn't mop the floors. In fact, I never mopped the floors, but I never emptied the bucket of dirty water either.

The day before yesterday when I was getting ready for my day, I dropped my bra in the dirty mop water. "Arg!!" I said, with great frustration. I hung it to dry out before putting it in the wash, and had to wear a different bra that day. Did I empty the bucket of dirty mop water then? No. I didn't. I left it sitting there in the bathroom, begging for something even more annoying to happen with it.

And then something did!

This morning as I was getting ready for my day (in a hurry to get ready before Anja woke up, and as always battling the dog and cat) I dropped my cell phone in the bucket of dirty mop water. This time I said nothing because I was speechless. I got the phone out immediately, took it apart and wiped it down with a towel. When I put it back together it was making this weird noise, and the battery symbol was going up and down like it was charging. I called Martin to tell him what happened and why I might be unavailable today, and I called Joannie to tell her the same because we are supposed to meet up to go to the Farmers Market. Then I took it apart again and stuck it in rice, in hopes that the thing will dry out.

The million dollar question: Did I empty the bucket of dirty mop water? No. I didn't. And when it finally occurred to me that that might be a good idea, I came in and made this post instead.

I'll go do it now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You;d better hurry and empty the bucket before you drop Anja in.

Anonymous said...

That's too funny!

Good seeing you today! If you want company, call anytime.