Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Germ Central

I guess it's just that time of year; it seems like everyone on the blogs is suffering through cold/flu season just the same as we are here at the Schap house. Anja's sniffles have turned into a cough, although she is still smiling. Last night Martin came home "early" from work (it wasn't early at all... he thought he'd be home at 9:00 and was home at 8:15 instead) because he didn't feel well and this morning he didn't go to work... he's still in bed! He came downstairs once for some tea and then went straight back up and I haven't heard from him again.

Okay, speaking of tea: I got the rooibos from the grocery store--the same kind I had at the Watsons!--and this morning Anja and I went to Nature's Pharm and got ourselves that giant jar of raw honey... it's a 5lb jar for only $23!!! Considering a medium sized honeybear from the bee man is $7.00 in the summertime, I think this is quite a steal of a deal! And honey NEVER goes bad! You can eat honey that is millions of years old!! How amazing is that?!?? And by the size of this jar, we may well still be eating it when it's millions of years old.

I heard a rumor that one of my nieces is getting glasses. I think this is SO CUTE. I cannot wait to see her in her new specs, she will be absolutely adorable.

I haven't been to the dentist in..... years. It's gotten to the point where I'm nervous to go because I don't really want to know how rotten my teeth are. Remember the last time I went to the dentist?!? I mean, who wants to hear news like that again???? Martin claims he'll still love me when my teeth fall out, but I'm not so sure... who wants to be married to a 25 year old with dentures and hearing aids?

Anja hasn't given us a proper laugh yet, although she does squeal and make other cute noises. Yesterday morning she was making "ooo-ooo" monkey noises and her mouth was perfectly round, it was so cute. Also she spends a lot of time opening and closing her hands. Wow. Talk about a busy day.

I have pictures on my camera that I'm too lazy to get off. I am feeling really lazy this afternoon since I was up early and running errands. This is the first I've gotten to sit down and I'm loving it, even though there are a zillion better things I could (and should) be doing.

I don't think I realized when I was pregnant how tired I was. I literally did nothing for nine months because I didn't have the energy or motivation to do it. (part of that might be because I was by myself for the last months and who wants to do any housework when you're the only one who comes to your house?) But ever since Anja was born (or at least since she was some weeks old) I've done a pretty amazing job of keeping up with the laundry and dishes and general housework. Yeah, after Christmas we got a little overly cluttered, but that was an extreme circumstance.

MY BILL STAINES CD CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!! I listened to it in the car this morning as I ran my errands!!! I only got to track 6 or 7, but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! His music makes me so happy. I don't care if it's cheesy. I'm in love with it.

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Glasses on little girls ARE adorable. It makes me think of the girl in Hope Floats...what a cutie.