Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Little Insomniac

Anja isn't sleeping anymore.

For the past two nights I've gone to put her down around 8:00 and she hasn't actually stayed down until 10:00. Last night we tried putting her in her crib and she was waking up about every 10 minutes for an hour or so. Finally we went back to the swing in our bedroom and was waking up every hour or so for most of the night and morning... after Martin left for work I put her in our bed and she got a couple of hours there and thankfully when she woke up she was happy. And she was happy all day and went down at exactly noon for a nap... which lasted exactly twelve minutes. Okay, that's an exaggeration, it was probably half an hour. But STILL! That is not enough sleep to get her through the day! So now she is asleep on the floor here, on a soft quilt. So far so good and it's been about 40 minutes, so this might be the arrangement for tonight. Although I'm not sure how I feel about her "good nap" coming after 3:00 in the afternoon....

I spent yesterday evening and this morning making a killer cd mix entitled "Annie Car Day." This is the track listing:
1. Village Green Preservation Society - Kate Rusby
2. Making Pies - Patty Griffin
3. Inches and Miles - Dave Mallett
4. Mom & Dad's Waltz - Iris DeMent
5. Farmhouse - Phish
6. Ruby's Arms - Nanci Griffith
7. Magdalene Lane - Don McLean
8. Tomorrow is a Long Time [away!] - Bob Dylan
9. Engine Driver - The Decemberists
10. Sleepy Desert - Uncle Earl
11. Oh Abraham - John Gorka
12. Honeysuckle Lullaby - Michelle Malone
13. I Hear Them All - Old Crow Medicine Show
14. Sailing to Philadelphia - Mark Knopfler & James Taylor
15. Love Minus Zero/No Limit - Bob Dylan
16. Harrisburg - Josh Ritter
17. Mother of God - Patty Griffin
18. Time - Tom Waits

I don't think I've ever been so excited for Annie Car Day before!!! I'm listening to it now but the volume is ridiculously low because Anja is asleep in here. Or... not....

No comments: