Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Wet Saturday!

Martin has this grey hooded sweatshirt that is absolutely filthy. It's so gross. We're coming up on a year of marriage and I don't think I've ever washed this sweatshirt... and I'm not sure he would ever have washed it himself before. I mean, this thing is NASTY. But yesterday I was cold, so I wore it. And I'm one of those people (as are many) who have that habit of sniffing the sleeves of the cozy sweatshirt I'm wearing. So I was sniffing the sleeves and they were kind of stinky, but kind of familiar and good smelling... except not familiar in that they smelled like Martin... so at first I thought maybe it's perfume and he's having an affair? (Yeah right, like anyone would have an affair with someone in that sweatshirt.) But then I kept sniffing and I realized why I liked it--it smelled JUST LIKE my blankie from when I was little!! Isn't that revolting?!? (For those of you who don't know, my blankie, for most of my memory, wasn't as much a blanket as it was just a long string of ratty grey fabric that USED to be a blanket that was tied to the end of a pacifier. It kind of looked like a tail with lots of knots in it.) Yuck.

We are going to have a wonderfully gloomy and lazy Saturday today. We have NOTHING TO DO for the first time in weeks and weeks. We got up early and took the cookies over to St. Boniface, then walked to Starbucks to see Laura and to do a little reading and relaxing there! It's such a wonderfully wet day. I'm wearing that orange sweater I got from Goodwill awhile back, and it fits me!!!!!!!! Hallelujia!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Thanks for coming to see me! Hope your drinks were good!