Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Ants go Marching

Our ant problem has returned. Again. For some reason this time it's really creeping me out. I think it's because they aren't as set on one food source... they're kind of everywhere. We've put out different piles of our fabulous ant poison, and they've been flocking to it, so we'll see how long they last.



Anja has been rolling over and over and over again! There's no stopping her! As soon as you put her down anywhere, she rolls over. And now she can roll over and prop herself up on her arms and look around AND she can roll over from her back to her stomach, then over to her back again! She was THRILLED the first time she did that (last night) but that might be because we made such a fuss.



I like all of her jammies and socks, but it's nice to have it so warm these days that I don't have to put anything on her feet, because her feet are so cute. especially when she's asleep and they're all curled up on top of each other. She is so cute when she's asleep. she seems to prefer sleeping on her side, just like Martin and I do! Last night though she kept rolling over onto her stomach and getting her face buried in the carpet. She'd whine so I'd roll her back to her back, but then she would cry until I put her on her stomach again. Finally, she got situated so that she was asleep on her stomach on her bed and she stayed there for much of the night.



Last night we went on a long walk. We set off as a family but only got to the end of the block before turning around to take Karenin back home because she was being awful. Then we set off again and got to the bridge before realizing that we were both planning to lead the other to Vienna, but that neither of us had brought any money with us! So we walked back home (again) and got our money and then walked all the way up to Vienna. It was a gorgeous evening for a walk. Just perfect. By the time we got home Anja was exhausted. She had a bath and I tried to put her to bed, but she was that kind of sleepy where she just didn't know what to do with herself and then she started having a meltdown. We went for a little drive and she fell asleep, but she doesn't seem to like sleeping in her carseat anymore. It's still a good way to get her to fall asleep, but she won't stay there more than a couple of hours. I think she gets hot. Well, and she can't roll over, of course.



I don't really have any news. I thought about doing the little survey thing on Laura's blog, but I was having trouble thinking of answers for myself when I was reading hers. Maybe I'll try anyway because I'm putting off getting dressed and actually starting my day. (Karenin is quietly in her cage and Anja is hanging out on a quilt on the floor.) Alright, here goes.



What was I doing 10 years ago?

Totally crushing on Eric Washington. And quitting track because it was awful.



5 things on my to do list:

1. Mop the kitchen floor

2. Baby-proof the house

3. Clean up our bedroom

4. Murder all the ants

5. Finish Anja's teddy bear



5 snacks I enjoy:

1. CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE FROM VIENNA!!

2. Coffee & Biscotti

3. Chips & homemade salsa

4. TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TARTS FROM VIENNA!!

5. VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHERRY TARTS FROM VIENNA!!!



5 things I would do if I were a Billionaire:

1. I would buy an old house on some land in the country and have a lot of dogs and a lot of cats and Martin and I would live there and retire. Martin would hunt and I would garden and we'd be self-sufficient except for the cost of internet, because of course, I'll still need my blogs in retirement.

2. Buy more pets.

3. Have Martin quit his job so he can watch Anja while I make greeting cards.

4. Pay medical/dental bills up front in their entirety.

5. Go to Europe.



5 bad habits:

1. Leaving my shoes around for Karenin to eat

2. Going out to eat

3. Leaving projects unfinished

4. Not getting out of bed

5. Buying something unneccessary on EVERY Annie-Car-Day



5 places I have lived:

1. Cason Street

2. 9th Street

3. North Street apt. #1

4. North Street apt. #2

5. Eastway Drive



5 jobs I've had:

1. YMCA Game Room Supervisor

2. Frozen Custard

3. Quilter's Harvest

4. It's a THEME Thing!

5. Latitude Zero



10 Random things:

1. I always match my socks and shirt.

2. If I'm not wearing socks, I try to match my shirt and underwear.

3. I'd like to make greeting cards.

4. Soy makes my tummy hurt

5. I wish I had a piano and I'm contemplating taking my organ back from Sarah...

6. I wanted to walk to Kentucky once but nobody would go with me.

7.

8.

9.

10.

I'm out of time!

7 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I had a hard time coming up with stuff too.

I've been listening to # 1 on the CD you gave me and I can't stop...I have a problem.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

What song is that? "Dance a Little Longer"? She said that's everyone's favorite. I should burn "Annie Car Day" for you. It's a good mix. Maybe I'll do that now while Anja is still asleep and then we'll walk it down to you at work if she ever wakes up...

LauraSuz said...

Yeah, that's the song! The words are great. I want "Annie Car Day"! I'll call it "Laura's Bored at Work Day".

Elisabeth said...

Yea again for the quiz... i might have to follow suit because i so enjoy reading the answers from you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Annie,

Man, I wish we lived close enough so I could GIVE you our piano. Dean couldn't stand to see it go out of the family (it was his sisters piano...and SHE didn't want it) but we have it here and none of us play.

I don't know if I could come up with that many different things either.

Sam...

Anna May said...

Annie,

Be patient with the ants. The mission of an ant is to find food and take it back to the nest. If you keep giving them enough poison, eventually they will get enough to the nest to kill all of them. It can take a long time. But you should be able to get them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.