Saturday, April 12, 2008

Laaaazy Saturday

Oh man. This morning Martin woke up at 6:00 to take the dog out... then he came back to bed. Then I got up at 7:00 with Anja and she and I went out to get doughnuts for breakfast, and I made a pot of coffee. I tried to wake Martin, but that was like waking the dead, and a few minutes later Anja fell asleep... So I went back to bed too! And for the first time in her life, Anja took a 2-hour morning nap, which meant we didn't all get up until 11:00!!! Talk about lazy!! It was pretty great though... we finally went downstairs, ate the doughnuts for lunch and lazed around for awhile more before finally making plans to hang out with Matt Aiken. We went to Vienna for coffee. Anja wore the most cutie-est outfit ever. Her socks matched her shirt PERFECTLY.

We ran to Kmart for some iron-on patches for Martin's shabby jeans and when we got home from that, Anja took a little afternoon nap while I made eggs and toast for us. Martin went for a run and I hung around here... Anja was in the best mood of the century, the dog and cat chased each other around all day, and in the evening we went to Barnes & Noble by ourselves, but didn't stay long enough to read Country Living because Anja decided she'd rather be at home and sleeping at exactly 8:30. So that's where we went. And now she's asleep upstairs while Martin is at the video store renting "The Graduate" and in a minute I'm going to make some hot air popcorn and we're going to have ourselves a real movie date.

Anja has officially found her feet!! Yesterday I noticed her eyeing them with a funny expression, and today she couldn't keep her hands off them. It was so fun to watch her!! Also she's started noticing Karenin a lot more, and especially noticing her squeak toys... whenever Karenin starts squeaking her squirrel or rabbit toy, Anja gets this big smile on her face. They are such good pals.

Tomorrow it's going to be colder and wetter, so we're planning to be lazy tomorrow too. Martin thought he had to go to work today but found out last night that he wasn't needed so he got a surprise day off. Which is great, considering it's Saturday. Ugh. Sometimes I really hate his job.

Rats. Martin just called. What kind of crappy movie place doesn't have The Graduate? Ugh. Now I'm in a bad mood. Stupid Blockbuster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AnnieBird: Aren't you lucky? Great husband, FABULOUS baby and good dog. It really doesn't get much better than that. Believe me, The Graduate is not all it is cracked up to be.....it would just irritate you. I know....it is from my time. When I look at things from when I was young (which I adored....like Love Story GAG) I am really sorry they saved them for posterity. Mama

Annie Hatke Schap said...

But this is coming from YOU, who made me turn off my Elton John records when I was listening to them over and over in highschool. I LOVE Elton John!! You and Daddy should go see Hair.

Anna May said...

Do you have a membership to Family Video? They are cheap. That old a movie would be only a dollar. Check them out, if you haven't.