Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Tuesday

Martin has a college dinner tonight in Jay County (wherever that is) so I've got the car today and tomorrow. His friend the wrestling coach decided to go to the dinner with him, so I think he's probably having a good time. That makes me feel much less bad for him having to work late! Also, he might be home before midnight, which would be a great thing, as opposed to 2:00 in the morning like it was the last time.

Last night we went Goodwill and Grocery shopping. Hooray! We got some picture frames and a mug at Goodwill, and our usual groceries from Target. Anja loves shopping so much! It's always a fabulous way to keep her occupied and happy.

She loves shopping so much, in fact, that I took her shopping a few times today! We went to TJ Maxx and JoAnn's. JoAnn's was a bust, but I found some steals at TJ Maxx. Their stuff is super cheap! I LOVE IT!! I found a picture frame/wall shelf for $5.50 and a box of four big candles for $6.00. The shelf is for our living room wall, the candles are to make the dog poop smell in our house go away. Ugh. This dog. She is NOT getting the "poop outside" thing down very well. AT ALL.

I'm trying to tweak the living room. (Again.) This time I think I might have succeeded in my plans. With bargain prices and old stuff dug up from unpacked boxes of apartment stuff and (oops) forgotten wedding gifts, I'm filling in the empty spaces of the walls, and making things look much more.... "right." That room is my biggest complaint. I don't care if the back room is a hodgepodge of Martin's weights and my instruments and a little corner family roomishness. I love the back room for what it is. But the FRONT room is what everyone sees. The front room HAS to say "Annie & Martin" and it has to say it loudly. I feel I've done a good job with the dining room (my favorite room) and the kitchen (my other favorite room) and just recently, the bedroom has become perfect (and therefore become my other favorite room.) The bathroom has always been good (though not as good as my apartment bathroom) the hallway is nice and Anja's room is always going to be a little bit unfinished since she grows faster than we can complete a project. But it has really bugged me that the front room, the introductory room of our house, has been so off. But today I'm fixing it.

The electricity snapped off and back on a little bit ago so now my oven clock is blinking and I HATE when that happens.

Oh! I was just going to say how worthless this post is, but it's NOT! Listen to THIS!! I've been web-stalked! Truly! Just like Aunt Anna May! I got an email this morning from Bebe Au Lait. You know, the company who makes HOOTER HIDERS! They thanked me for blogging about my hooter hider! Isn't that hilarious!?? They also want me to sign up for a special blog offer of some kind but to be honest, I was so excited that they'd emailed me, I never finished reading the email, I had to call Martin right away and tell him about it.

Okay, that cat is attacking me now...

4 comments:

Anna May said...

So, it's called web stalking, huh? It's nice when they send you a comment.

Your mother and I were both at JoAnn's today also. But, i did find some fabric. I hope I can make this dress. I found some patterns online that are made in Italy. They don't have any seam allowances or hems. Also, not instruction sheet. Cute!!! We'll see if I can make this. At least I have the fabric.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Oh, I don't know if that would really be considered web-stalking. My friends and I tease each other when we've been reading up on each others blogs without telling; we say we've been web-stalking each other.

My mom told me later that you both had been at JoAnn's! Too bad I missed you both. It would've been funny if we'd all three run into each other.

Anne said...

I didn't even know you have a hooter hider! Do you like it?

Annie Hatke Schap said...

LOVE IT. It was THE tool that made it possible for me to breastfeed in public. I was always really terrible at covering up with a blanket, but with the hooter hider, I can see Anja to get her latched on, but no one else can see her... or my bosom! Or my flabby stomach!!