Friday, April 25, 2008

Folding, Folding, All Day Long

I wrote a song today! It goes like this:

(refrain)
I am folding, folding laundry
folding laundry all day long
folding, folding, folding laundry
While I sing this little song.

(vs. 1)
I am folding underooskies
I am folding old blue jeans
folding laundry, folding laundry
with my Anja here with me
(chorus)

(vs. 2)
I am folding socks and t-shirts
I am folding jammies too
folding, folding, folding, laundry
I will fold until I'm through
(chorus)

(vs. 3)
I am folding baby laundry
I am folding grownup clothes
folding, folding, folding, folding
clothes for heads and clothes for toes
(chorus...)

I recently switched detergent scents and my new stuff smells sooooooooooo good. It makes my laundry folding quite enjoyable!! Sniff, sniff!!

I was invited out to lunch today by my parents! Well actually... my dad suggested that we ought to go to Nine Irish Brothers for lunch sometime, and this morning I called them both and asked if they'd like to go to the new Cajun place today. So I guess I just kind of organized and invited myself out to lunch with them. But whatever. It was still tasty.

And we went to the new Cajun place (located in the old Cajun place) and found out that it's called Scagnoli (sp?) and the Scagnoli family is somehow related? Or friends with? The Qualios, Bessignanos, etc. [My mom's side of the family.] Small world, huh? My mom told the owner that he was shamefully abandoning his Italian heritage by opening a Cajun restaurant. Hahaha. Also, I'd like to clear up some lies I told in my last post... my parents, unfortunately, weren't able to go to bed at 7:30 like they normally do, as they were up all night cleaning out their vacuum.

Question for the moms: Can you tell me everything you know about babies and first foods? When, what, allergies, etc? It's getting to be about that time, depressing as it is. We were thinking a t-bone for her 6-month birthday. Is that a little much? Maybe just half?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you being so cheap?? My Anja-Pie deserves nothing less that filet mignon.....served with champagne.
Mama

Anne said...

Ha! Steak good choice. I finally got Charles to eat mashed bananas - after that he was much more open to other foods. I hate bananas, but he doesn't.

Martin Schap said...

(this says it's Martin, but it's really Annie)

ANNE!!! YOU ARE MY SOULMATE!! I HATE BANANAS TOO!!! In fact, I hate bananas so much that the other day Sarah's kids were eating a banana at my house and she offered to take the peel home with her so it wouldn't be in my trash can. Isn't that SO NICE of her??

As for the filet mignon... you're right. What was I THINKING? Only the best for Anja-Pie!

Anonymous said...

Annie: Your "folding song" is so great! If you don't send your blog in to the Journal, I think I might kick you in the head. Also, Daddy wants to have a SERIOUS talk with you about your Christmas song.
Mama

Anonymous said...

PS Bananas are SO GOOD FOR YOU! They have tons of potassium and other vitamins and minerals. Hold your nose and give them to Anja.
Mama

Anne said...

That was nice of your sister. I hate the smell, hate the taste...but I have obviously learned to live with them. C eats at least a banana/day. They're easy and he loves them. I never used to buy any bananas at the store. Now I buy so many, people laugh at us when they come to our house and see our bananas.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Anne, you make your own baby food, right?

Anne said...

yes as in we don't use the jars.

i did use the baby rice and oatmeal cereals to mix with various fruits but now he's on to real rice and we have real oatmeal every morning for breakfast. Exciting, I know!

I was going to say also that I dreaded starting the solid foods mainly because I am soooo lazy and was too busy for it. We waited until he was almost 8months old b/c I couldn't do it while I was working. As annoying as breastfeeding can be sometimes clothing-wise - it is SO stinkin easy. Shirt up and food is ready. So I'm not crazy about solids time...except now he's learning to feed himself a bit, so that's not too bad...

Sorry that was long and rambly...should have sent an email instead!!