Monday, April 21, 2008

The Weekend











On Saturday night we dug through old photos and negatives and found some interesting ones. I pinned two up to my fridge--one shot of Martin's face looking like a stoner with an afro, and one of my face eating a Burger King chicken sandwich. They look good together.
Anja is still asleep! It's coming up on 9:00!
On Sunday we went to 7:30 mass and I don't know what we did with our morning. Probably drank a pot and a half of coffee and watched the rest of our movie. In fact, I think that actually IS what we did. Then it got a little warmer so Martin mowed the lawn. It really warmed up in the afternoon so when Anja was up from her afternoon nap we all went for a walk, dog included. We walked over to the movie theatre and back (about Karenin's walking limit) and saw Bethany Jones along the way, who is also getting married in May, and is SO SKINNY now.
When we got home we found a dozen eggs my parents had left on our porch, so we ate eggs and beans for dinner. After that Kim came by to visit. Martin likes to call Kim over on the weekends. We're planning a trip to Cincinnati to maybe play at the Sidewinder coffee shop or go to a birthday party.
I love the weekends. Just hanging around drinking coffee, eating eggs and taking walks. We've got it pretty good, I'd say.

4 comments:

Anne said...

i submit that the middle picture is not from this weekend!!

Anne said...

um - just so you know - that text was not there when I posted my previous comment!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Annie: That's the funniest picture ever!! Were you guys in junior high? I wouldn't have recognized Martin!
Mama

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Nope! Believe it or not, Martin is 17 in that picture. And I'm 16 and Joel and Perkins are 15. It's from my sophomore yearbook. Isn't it great? I think Perkins and I look pretty much the same, but Joel and Martin look like little kids!