Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our Animal Cleaning Team

I've been realizing that it's okay to be lazy in my housework... in any areas where I fall short in cleanliness, it seems my pets are there to make it up for me.


Sometimes I forget to take out the bathroom trash promptly. It doesn't matter though because Karenin usually eats it for me, and then I don't have to take it out! Also, there's that whole issue of the hair clumps that I put on the side of the bathtub. I've been giving Martin credit for putting them in the trash for me, but as it turns out, it's my precious lovey-boy Theodore who's taking care of them for me! I found that out this morning when I put three drain clumps on the edge of the tub and when I was finished with my shower I actually remembered to get them and put them in the trash. So I pulled back the curtain to collect them, and what did I find but zero hair clumps and my lovey-boy sitting there licking his chops and blinking up at me!!!! HE ATE THEM!!!!!!

This has been a fun Saturday. Anja woke up around 4:30 this morning and I dozed with her for awhile. From about 6:30-7:30 she was pretty awake and we just kind of hung out on the floor of our bedroom before finally going downstairs when it became very apparent that she was not going to fall back asleep. I got SO MUCH DONE in the hour before Martin woke up! I washed dishes and baked a batch of Friendship Bread. Then when Martin woke up I made us a good, greasy, Saturday morning breakfast of steak & eggs and toast. That breakfast with a pot of coffee was a fabulous way to start the morning. The friendship bread turned out DELICIOUS so that'll be a nice thing to have around for the weekend. I eventually took a shower and Martin walked down to the VP to get lottery tickets. We won $6 so I then walked down and bought 6 more tickets--but we only won a dollar off of all those, so we put it in the can for seed money for next time. We took a walk up to K.Dee's for coffee and thought we were going to meet Kim there, but he was in Indianapolis, so we just got our coffee to go and walked back home. For lunch we had popcorn and watched half of a movie while Anja took a solid afternoon nap. Now she's awake and sitting here beside me watching Martin play with Karenin while I'm making this blog post. It's perfect Saturday weather--a little bit damp, a little bit cool. I really love it. We haven't been busy but we haven't been bored all day. It's a PERFECT Saturday, just what they should be. The opposite of what they usually are for us, since Martin is often at work on Saturdays (booo!)

Now I think I'll fold the whites in the dryer and switch out the laundry that's in the washer and Martin can use the computer.

It's Grand Prix weekend so we're avoiding campus at all costs. We didn't know until we were over there last night--it's a madhouse!

5 comments:

Joannie said...

hey, you complained about not getting comments. so now you're getting cool ones from placa de video. Lucky you!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Yyyeeeeaaahh.... I think I'll just delete that one now.

Anna May said...

The Friendship bread....is it from the Amish starter? If so, could I have a start? I'll get to the point that I have too much, but, I would like some for awhile.

Thanks.

Martin Schap said...

YES, of course you can have a start!!! We are now to the point where we've had too much. Just this morning we both ate some and thought, "yeah, that's about enough of this." I have three starter bags right now. Should I bring one by your house sometime?

Anna May said...

Well, sure you can. But only if you are already out. I'm out lots of times, and i can come and get it too. I wish i had read your post sooner. I'm kinda slow, ya know. Give me a call sometime. thanks much. (i wish we could freeze the stuff, but that would kill it.)