Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Panama Carrot Strikes Again!

After my sister had Christopher she went to the dentist and was told she needed a root canal. She called me to tell me (they lived in Florida at the time) and we got a lot of laughs--probably more than was neccessary--over calling it a Panama Carrot. Which actually would translate to Canal Root, and we knew that, but Carrot Panama just didn't have the same ring. Besides, everyone knows that word order gets mixed up in translations.


So this time it was MY turn to have a baby and MY turn to find out how it ruined my teeth. Morning sickness alone took such a toll on them that the dentist asked (rather brightly) if I had a history of bulemia! I came out with three cavities (hey, it's better than my record of, er, seventeen) and an appointment for a root canal. Well, that's a lie, I haven't made the appointment yet. But I will, soon. Which is a big, BIG bummer. But she did assure me that despite all my bad dreams of such happenings, my teeth are not falling out, nor will they all fall out very soon. They're just rotting, I guess.

So the other day at the grocery we bought the World's Biggest Onion. It's as big as Anja's head! As is evident by the picture! Funny stuff, huh? Okay, now looking at it again, I think the onion is actually bigger.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

HAHA!! The Panama Carrot!! I had completely forgotten about that.

Anne said...

Yeah, the onion is definitely bigger than her head!!

Also, despite the need for a root canal, at least you have been to the dentist. Here I am pregnant again, and I didn't go while I wasn't. My teeth probably will fall out by the time I get back to the dentist. Did you really have 17 cavities at once?!

Beth said...

Pregnancy ruined my teeth too. I never had a cavity in 27 years, then had my first one right after she was born. Now a year later, I had 2 more! My dentist also asked if I was bulemic. I said no, just threw up all the time for 8 weeks :)

(Sorry I'm sure that was TMI since you don't even know me, but hey, what can ya do? :)