Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Laborific!

Well, my sister is in labor this evening! At 7:30 or so my mom told me her contractions were 3 minutes apart, so hopefully there will be an update soon about my newest niece or nephew!

Since Martin is in Evansville and I'm on my own tonight, Anja and I took a little drive around 8:00 and stopped by Barnes & Noble to see the girls at knitting night. It's always fun to show off Anja to the knitters. And my plan worked--she was super happy the whole time we were there, and then she fell immediately asleep as soon as we started driving home!

I got a little freaked out when I came home... partly because I had to take Karenin out in the yard and it's dark and I don't like doing that, but also because when I came into the back room I saw that the clock had fallen off the wall and taken half the stuff on our big shelf with it. It looked like a robber had been there. (Of course, the robber's name was Theodore and he wears stripes and a tail.) Also, there was this copper dish that had a bunch of trash in it from the Holiday open house (more than a year ago) and in it was a cumpled piece of paper that said "do not sit in this chair." And it was lying face-up on the couch!! Yikes!!! Creepy, creepy, creepy. I'll be glad when Martin gets home tonight, or hopefully before that, I find out about our newest family addition.

Personally, I'm hoping it's a boy named Oliver. Oliver Henry would be a FABULOUS name. I'll suggest it if the baby is still name-less when I meet him. Or her... and in that case, I have no name ideas.

Time to watch "The Holiday" and do some laundry folding. I will keep you all updated!

2 comments:

Anne said...

It's morning time...I'm ready for an update!!! What did she have? How did it go?

:o)

LauraSuz said...

Yeah, me too!