Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I saw Henry Arth TWICE today!

Heh heh... glad to see I fooled so many of you with my very clever April Fool's joke. I know, I am just so funny, hah-hah-hah-hah...

We have had quite the runaround day today--as if yesterday wasn't enough! We woke up extra early to get to Martin to work more than on time, and wouldn't you know, today might have been the latest he ever was. Of course! I don't even know how it happened, but I was supposed to be meeting Lisa at my house at 9:00 and I didn't get home until 9:15, but it didn't end up mattering at all. She and I rode together over to Purdue--and saw Henry Arth riding his bike down Columbia Street-- where we met Brian at the McDonald's on campus and we walked over to Elliot Hall to find the music to the song we were singing for the funeral at noon, and to practice. It was fun to be in the PMO rooms... it was kind of like being behind the counter at a store... that weird feeling of being somewhere you're not supposed to be. But it was fun! And we learned the song, which was the most important part. We walked from there over to the Student Wellness Center to visit Mrs. Loew at her office; we sang for her and she liked it. She also liked Anja very much and she took us around to introduce us to everyone she works with. Very fun! I fed Anja there (Anja, who, by the way, has been a complete angel all this time) and then we walked back to our cars and made it to St. Lawrence before 11:30, which is what time Lisa needed to be there. (Lisa cantored.)

The funeral was very nice, and Fr. Dan's sermon was really good. It's always sad when you go to a funeral where the priest/minister obviously didn't really know the person. Not so today. However, at the last funeral I attended, the minister came right out at the beginning and admitted that he hadn't known the deceased, but he'd spent some time with the family the night before and here's what he learned. Anyway... today was nice.

Afterward, Lisa rode with her mom and I drove myself back to my house where I offered Lisa a cup of coffee, and she replied with an invitation to lunch! Hooray! So we went to Vienna for delicious sandwiches and chit-chat. It was here that we saw Henry Arth again! Weird!!

Anyway, after that I came home and played with Karenin and Anja took a nap and then I made some dinner to put in the fridge for when Martin gets home. Now Kim is on his way over to practice for the thing we're playing for tomorrow, and at 8:30 I'm off to Crawfordsville to pick up Martin.

Busy day!!

2 comments:

Anna May said...

Is Henry Arth one of Tom and Annie's?

Annie Hatke Schap said...

yep, he's the youngest.